What is Hypnosis?
There are many fears and misunderstandings about the use of hypnosis and Hypnotherapy which are completely undeserved. What happens is actually very normal!
Some of the Myths about Hypnosis
Let's dispel a number of the concerns that some of you may have:
- You cannot 'get stuck', this is quite impossible.
- You do not become unconscious or go to sleep.
- You know exactly what's happening at all times.
- You always retain complete control.
- You retain a full and accurate memory of everything that is said during hypnosis.
- You can leave the hypnotic state whenever you wish to.
- You cannot 'lose your mind'.
- There is no such thing as a 'hypnotised feeling'.
- It is a totally natural state of mind that we all go in and out of several times a day.
- It is very similar to meditation and relaxation techniques, however you are not expected to totally clear your mind, so it is easier.
- It is definitely not connected with the occult in any way.
- It is completely safe, natural and drug-free.
These rules apply to all types of hypnosis, including stage hypnosis.
Hypnosis is a totally Natural Phenomenon
Hypnosis is a safe and reliable therapeutic technique which is centuries old. When used on its own, it does nothing more than create a calm, relaxed state of mind at best.
Can Everybody be Hypnotised?
Most people can be hypnotised providing they want to be hypnotised - all hypnosis is, in fact, self-hypnosis. The Hypnotherapist only guides you into the hypnotic state, usually with their voice and has no power or control over you.
Only a few people cannot be hypnotised. For example, people who are educationally subnormal or suffering from senility, very young children, hard drug-addicts, and anybody under the influence of large amounts of alcohol.
Hypnosis and Relaxation
Do you struggle to relax and unwind? It really doesn't matter! You will go into hypnosis whether you are tense, stressed or relaxed provided you want to be hypnotised.
Examples where Hypnosis can be Effective
Hypnosis and Stress
Hypnosis can be very useful for the temporary relief of stress and anxiety but not for much else. The really important part is the therapy which takes place whilst you are in the hypnotic state, known as 'Hypnotherapy'.
Achieving Goals with Hypnotherapy
When hypnosis and Hypnotherapy are used together, you can create positive desired change to improve your life for the better.
Get Smart and start using Self-Hypnosis
Self-hypnosis is becoming increasingly popular, as more and more people recognise how effective this safe, self-help tool actually is. If you would like to learn self-hypnosis from an expert, contact us directly to book your session.
CALL 01245 444105 NOW
and let us help you find the way to a Richer Life!