Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Symptoms
The Obsessions, Compulsions and Rituals
Some of the most common OCD disorders include:
- Fear of contamination.
- Fear of accidentally causing harm to yourself or others.
- Preoccupation with order or symmetry.
- Aggressive obsessions.
- Religious obsessions, for example ‘Fear of offending God’.
- Sexual obsessions, for example ‘Fear of being a paedophile’.
- Fear of losing something important (such as possession, paperwork or ideas).
- Fear of becoming violent or aggressive.
- Checking (for example, if a light is switched off, or the front door is locked).
- Cleaning or washing (such as yourself, others or home).
- Repeating actions, special words, images and scenes or numbers in one’s mind.
- Ordering and making things ‘just so’.
- Compulsive slowness.
- Hoarding (excessive keeping of possessions such as newspapers that have no real value, interest or function).
- Making lists.
- Pure obsessing.
Related OCD Disorders
Some related OCD disorders include:
- Hypochondriasis: Preoccupation with fears of having, or the idea that one has, a serious disease based on misinterpretation of one or more bodily signs or symptoms.
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD): Preoccupation with a defect in appearance. This is either imagined or if a slight physical anomaly is present, the person’s concern is markedly obsessive.
- Trichotillomania: Recurrent pulling out of one’s hair resulting in noticeable hair loss.
- Compulsive buying.
- Compulsive stealing.
- Addictions (often disputed by the professionals).
Hypnotherapy can be an effective way to help individuals cope/manage difficulties associated with conditions such as Stress, Anxiety, OCD and Depression.
CALL 01245 444105 NOW
and let us help you find the way to a Richer Life!