Useful Links and Resources for
Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy & Life Coaching
Professional Organisations & Registers
- The 'Association for Professional Hypnosis & Psychotherapy' (APHP) is an international organisation that only accepts the most highly trained and professional Hypnotherapists.
- The 'National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors' (NRPC) is a national organisation listing professional Psychotherapists and Counsellors.
- The 'National Council of Psychotherapists’ (NCP) was established in 1971, following the statutory registration of Psychotherapists. It is an International Association of Therapists to which the general public can confidently refer.
- The 'UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Associations’ (UKCHO) is an umbrella body that was set up for the Hypnotherapy Profession in the United Kingdom. This organisation has now been replaced by the 'Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council' (CNHC). All Therapists listed on this register adhere to strict standards of conduct, ethics and practice.
- Hypnotherapy was accepted onto the ‘Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council’ (CNHC) register on the 1st December 2010. Funded by the Government’s Department of Health, CNHC aims to protect the public by setting a quality trademark standard that General Practitioners, Medical Professionals and the general public can confidently refer to when looking for a Hypnotherapist in the United Kingdom.
- The 'Hypnotherapist Register' is the largest in the UK and Ireland. It lists over 3000 Hypnotherapy Practitioners, along with a lot of other interesting information.
- The 'Essex Institute for Clinical Hypnosis' (EICH) is a well-respected, internationally renowned Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy Training School based in Essex.
The Warriors, Settlers and Nomads concept was created by Terence Watts an internationally renowned and respected Therapist, Teacher and Author. This amazingly powerful therapy can help people overcome numerous issues so they can achieve their goals and be the best they can be. Please visit this website to find a specialist qualified WSN Therapist and for more information.
- 'Symbiodynamics’ is an evolutionary Life Coaching and Therapy model that takes into account the way the human mind and body work together in synergy. All Symbiodynamics Registered Practitioners are highly trained and qualified to use this powerful Life Coaching Therapy to help their clients create positive change and achieve their goals.
- Counselling Pages is a UK directory of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, courses and events.
General Information about Hypnotherapy, Resources & Online Shops
- The Anglo American Book Company Ltd is an excellent place to buy books and CDs on self-hypnosis.
- Hypnosense is an excellent website and online shop, where you can find out all you need to know about Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy from Terence Watts, an expert in the world of Hypnotherapy.
- Hypnosis.me.uk is another invaluable resource for everything you want to know about Hypnotherapy.
- Roy Hunter reveals the truth about 'Stage Hypnosis'. A definite 'must read' if you want all your questions answered.
- How Stuff Works.com is a brilliant website for those interested in understanding more about the science behind Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy.
- New World Music offers an excellent choice of relaxation music. You can also buy books and all sorts of other goodies here.
- Neil H. Music is a highly talented Musician and Producer of Relaxing Music CDs.
- Fridrik Karlsson brings you the amazing 'Feel Good Collection' relaxation music CDs.
Information regarding Specific Conditions
- David Kato, a well respected British Clinical Hypnotherapist, Trainer & Lecturer explains about Depression and how Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy combined can help to overcome it.
- Devin Hastings reveals how Hypnotherapy can help people with Diabetes.
- Kevin Hogan, an experienced American Clinical Hypnotherapist, explains how Hypnotherapy can help people suffering with Tinnitus.
- Michael Mahoney, a leading Clinical Hypnotherapist, works successfully with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Read articles on his website to find out how effective Hypnotherapy is at treating this distressing problem.
- Peter Whorewell is a Professor of Medicine and Gastroenterology. He has done much research and written many medical journals on Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and highly recommends Hypnotherapy as an effective methodology to work with this problem.